Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Joyful Exhaustion Part II

OK so made it through the second day of temporary insanity, except that you and I know that if I want to get on this transplant list, this is not temporary.  So Kris came over this morning and pushed me to the limit with a pretty high impact cardio workout, then with a few minutes of a break we walked up to Gonzaga (1.25 miles away).  Then I rode the bicycle for 20 minutes, I was supposed to be on for 30 but my left knee just about gave out so not wanting to feel like I had failed I hopped onto the treadmill for the last 10 minutes.  Then it was off to the locker room to get changed into a suit and hit the pool for an hour of activity in the water.  I say activity because it's not like I have the stamina yet or skill to do laps for an hour.  But for one hour I kept moving constantly whether it was laps, water walking or simply treading water.  Then came one of the hardest moments of my day.  I had to go back into the locker room and attempt to get my ridiculously overweight body out of a wet shirt and bathing suit, shower in this tiny stall and all the while pray no one was looking at me.  Sneak into the bathroom stall to futilely attempt to put on my undergarments on a hastily dried body and I just about lost it.  Tears were forming because I was so ashamed that it was almost more difficult to redress myself than to workout.  Somehow I made it through and proceeded to walk back home (1.25 miles) and I did it in 22 minutes which is a pretty good pace for me.  It hurt to chew the bagel and peanut-butter, every muscle in my body was aching.  Downed a couple ibuprofen, took a twenty minute catnap and then had to pick up, get some bible study in and begin dinner, which by the way was excellent.  I then had to call the police and report my friend Joan Zarns as a missing person.  I haven't really let myself stop and think about all the ramifications.  All I seem to be able to do is pray that she is somehow OK.  Please if you think of her, say a little prayer for her well-being.  Tomorrow will be day three of this new healthy lifestyle and I pray I am up for it.  Goodnight all...     

1 comment:

  1. Wow, that is a lot to digest! Remember that God is at the center and keep on praying. I will also be praying for you and Joan.

    ReplyDelete