Sunday, June 5, 2011

Who is my strength

Pretty rough day emotionally.  I wish my body could do all that my mind thinks that it should be capable of.  I keep reminding myself that my body is like a wall that must be rebuilt and that I can't do that without the help of my loving Father.  I was reading in Nehemiah 4:6 where the people were having to rebuild the walls of their town for protection and was reminded that in a way I am doing the same thing with my spiritual and physical self as protection from Satan and those who would tare me down.  Just as for the Israelite's God is posting help along my tenements, Kris my trainer, Tawana and Tina, friends following my story, my sons, Dan and Ken Bubb who continue to give me encouragement in so many ways, all those praying for me on this journey and so many more that I can't mention them all.  Nehemiah 4:13-23 tells me I have no need to be afraid as I daily return with my friends and loved ones to work on the new healthy walls and that in so doing I am equipping myself with the best tools to be a physically and spiritually healthy disciple. In this way I can have JOY in the face of opposition.  This new part of the journey is proving difficult but I know as I press ever onward and keep myself fixated on the long term benefits and joys I will be rewarded not just physically but mentally and in my spirit.  Tomorrow its back to a pretty intensive workout.  I have the goal of losing another 10 lbs this week so if you see me in passing please spur me on with encouragement and maybe we could even go for a walk together.  Love you all and hope you choose to make it a good week...

No comments:

Post a Comment