Thursday, June 2, 2011

Novus Sanus Consuetudo habeo - I have New Healthy Habits

So this makes it three days in a row, only four more to officially make it a habit, at least that's what they tell me.  Do something for at least seven times and then it will become as a habit.  As hard as it was to get out of bed this morning it was just as amazing to still be able to workout. The muscles loosened and warmed up and I was able to accomplish all of my goals even shaving off a minute of my walk home.  I will admit that I had to take a two hour nap this afternoon as exhaustion from this new healthy lifestyle was beginning to catch up with me.  This new book I am reading is truly helping me to continue in my spiritual goals of being exquisitely conscious, especially with regards to the Will of God.  Discipline in today's society is not a good thing but as I let my heavenly Father not only have more control but become the center of all my life, I am truly becoming free.  Order is being restored, less chaos and a peace which pervades all I do.  Isaiah 40:8 "The grass withers, the flowers fade but the Word of our God stands forever."  This verse and many others in my personal studies are helping me to be reassured that God is always with me especially as I spend time pursuing a relationship with Him.  God is my comfort in difficult times.  A loving father who never forgets to discipline me nor to shower me with His Love.  "God lays claim to us and plans to transform us until we become the creatures He always intended us to be." Jerry Sittser, The Will of God as a Way of Life  This is just another piece of the transformation in which God is molding me with these new healthy habits so that I can become all that God has intended for me, whether that be here on earth or in the heavenly realms. 

1 comment: