Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Mental & Spiritual Vulnerability

So I know it's been a little while since I put up a new post but life has been pretty busy.  First I had to do battle with a pretty nasty cold, then I had to get back into my workout routine and then send the boys off to camp.  One as a camper and one a counselor.  It's been a weird week because its been a long time since I had to get out of bed just for myself.  Monday took some serious mental games but my desire not to miss out on my now traditional workout finally won out. I then had dinner with Christie and her parents and then went and spent the rest of the evening with my long time friend Tina chatting long hours into the night.  I have watched 6 movies since the boys have been gone, some good, some not so good,  I have finished reading Acts and now am going to turn my attention to some further inner reflecting.  I have found that I don't know where my value lies and if I have any value outside that of my past.  I know this may sound crazy to some of you but I've always been the girl with the past and how she overcame it and I find myself wanting to be more than that.  I want to be healthy and fresh and new and yet loved and respected all the same.  I know my heavenly Father loves me and cherishes me but now I want to love myself too, which will be a whole new experience for me. I am trying to take some of that advice of Henry David Thoreau's and create some new mental and spiritual paths by not only meditating on God's Word but on everything I can get my hands on that is positive and healthy, whether it pertains to diet, physical fitness, health, faith, my soul...you name it.  If you would like to join me on this particular part of the journey then lets share reading lists, favorite quotes, healthy activities or recipes.  I will share with you and hopefully you will share with me and together we will find value not only in ourselves but in our relationship with God and each other.  I can't wait to hear from you...

1 comment:

  1. Good stuff Lori! I love your transparency. I am having my temperament evaluated by a licensed counselor. It is so enlightening! If I come up with anything useful I will share.

    I relate somewhat to your situation with the boys being gone since Bo, who will be 20 in August, leaves on Saturday for a 6 month stint with YWAM in Australia. Couldn't be more thrilled for him, and jealous!

    JJ who will be 18 in August is spending the summer at my bid and call or ignoring it on the computer or with Black Ops.

    Lucy is staying busy with friends, square dancing and babysitting, at 15. Driving is next.

    We head to my mom's for the next week with some house renovation, but will try to stay in touch!

    much love, Tawana

    ReplyDelete