Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Just in case you don't recognize Latin when you see it...Carpe Spero means to  Seize the Hope, which is an everlasting and eternal choice we can make on a daily basis.  It is also one I choose to seize constantly.  I renew it every morning with my faith and my unconditional love which I share with my family, friends and all those who cross my path.  As one of many thousands who is currently waiting to get onto the national transplant list I have found hope to be a constant companion and one which brings me comfort.  It's hard to believe that it has been three years now since I was delivered the news that my liver was cirrhotic and that eventually I would need a transplant.  For the first two years there were little to no real complications, mostly just a lot of hurry up and wait and constant monitoring through blood-work and scans. However this last year, I have been in and out of the hospital at least ten times already.  My kidneys, more than my liver have been giving me the hardest time.  Cysts, stones, tract infections and now I am injecting myself with insulin on a nightly basis.  I have been told this is all just part of the journey to a transplant.  So I continue to engage in Carpe Spero and as we chat with each other more I will hopefully encourage you to do so as well.  I hope also that this blog will be a way for me to continue to fellowship with those close to me who wish to follow my story and help me in this endeavor to get a transplant.  So here's to many more blogs to follow...

3 comments:

  1. Awesome! I look forward to seeing more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lori - Your boys are handsome young men! It's good to hear from you and I admire your faith, courage and strength. I hope that we will be able to see you again in the halls of Tilford and sharing in the leadership classes. You have so much to offer as an aspiring leader. My thoughts and prayers are with you this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thx everyone for the encouragement, I truly seem 2 need it lately...

    ReplyDelete