Friday, May 27, 2011

Counting My Blessings

     Don't worry if you've enjoyed the mini  Latin lessons thus far as I will come back to them but tonight in my sleeplessness the Latin words were not flowing so my English mode of communication will have to suffice.  As this week is rapidly coming to an end I have so very much to be grateful for.  In about 72 hours my "little man" will be doing me the great honor of graduating from Gonzaga Preparatory High School.  It won't be with the best grades or exactly how I would have imagined but he will walk across that stage and celebrate the closing of one of the first big seasonal stages of his life.  As you and I know this is just the beginning for him.  Now will come some of the toughest and yet fun opportunities for him as a young adult.  His brother and I are both a little nervous about exactly what this will mean for us but with God's grace and mercy, we will hopefully just be drawn closer to one another as mother and son.  Kevin will most likely not be moving out until right before he begins his college classes in the Fall so this will be a bittersweet summer filled with lots of lasts with Kevin and firsts with just Alex and myself.
     Also in case you haven't heard I recently got a trainer and have embarked on the ambitious goal of trying to lose over 100 pounds.  Since January I have been working with a counselor on all the emotional reasons why I carry my weight around like a cherished security blanket and most recently added a nutritionist to my health care team so we could begin to work on the diabetic side of my poor health.  The trainer was the next obvious step on this journey.  To ensure a spot on the transplant list when the time comes I must have a BMI of 40 or lower so with my M.E.L.D. score numbers jumping so significantly over the past 90 days I truly need to kick the weight loss into high gear.  I am asking those close to me to pray for strength and perseverance throughout this next step as it will not be an easy one.  I am learning constantly through this chronic illness, that this part of my journey is an opportunity to become exquisitely conscious.  I am learning to be fully aware of my body as well as fully present in my spirit, what a blessing!

No comments:

Post a Comment