Tuesday, December 26, 2017

Beatus Vitae or #BlessedLife

Recently as I was viewing the ocean on my final day of a 3 nights and four day trip to Sylvia Beach with a bestie (Stacy) I couldn’t help but feel inadequate at expressing all that I was feeling in that moment. So I chose to use 26 letters to give you an inkling of my grand experience...

A- Appropo, as I consider myself a writer
B- Blissfully content
C- Charming Atmosphere inside and out
D- Decadent food and beverage
E- Encouraging to the mind, body and soul
F- Fanciful delights abound
G- Grandeur
H- Heavenly perspective
I- Insightful
J- Joyful
K- Kindred
L- Laughter enjoyed by us all but for Stacy and I at times it was side splitting, belly shaking
M- Merry for December and silliness
N- Napping in giant Adirondack deck chairs
O- Overawed in every aspect but wonderfully so
P- Poignant in a blessed way
Q- Quaint and endearing
R- Radiant and Seahabilitative (a new word in my personal dictionary)
S- Sanguine
T- Theraputic on so many levels
U- Umbrella not required for singing in the rain
V- Vintage on a grand scale
W- Wistful to stay longer
X- Xenagogue’s welcome as there is much to explore
Y- Yearning to return before I’ve even left
Z- Zenithial as you will feel you’ve reached new heights

This trip inspired me to do more writing and reading and continue in my introspections regarding my spiritual life alongside my physical one and I encourage all of you to take a trip like this one soon...very soon. We need a quiet retreat from the chaos of this crazy thing called life. Especially from social media, phones, texts and anything technological. We did enjoy a little music via headphones, but mostly our time was spent talking, reading, writing, eating, sleeping and soaking in our giant claw foot tub in a room dedicated to the works of Mark Twain. Fires, ocean waves pounding continually in the background and divine food and spirits. Absolute perfection in my humble opinion and my wish for all of you, someday soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment