Monday, October 15, 2012

sapientia-wisdom

I thought "Age should speak; advanced years should teach wisdom." But it is the spirit in a man, the breath of the Almighty, that gives him understanding. Job 32:7-8

So tonight I was invited into this exclusive club...lol it was a group of women who find themselves like me in the special and unique fortunes to now be called "Grandmother" or in Latin "Ovia."  I thank you Lord for these women and for this wonderful life experience which I honestly wasn't sure that I would get to participate in.  For a couple of hours I got to listen, share and pray with these wonderful women.  We all had the same desire...how can we create a legacy, how can we be godly grandmothers? We shared life experiences, laughed and gave each other advice and I was reminded that not only does God desire to be our guidance but he desires for us to lean on each other and look to one another for fellowship and a helping hand all according to our needs and abundance.  I read somewhere that our laughter can drown out the clock and if that's the case tonight was timeless and priceless. Tonight was a glimpse into the divine and I am eternally grateful for the experience.
 "Gray hair is a crown of splendor; it is attained by a righteous life." Proverbs 16:31

No comments:

Post a Comment