Sunday, July 1, 2012

Boot Camp

Romans 8:28: "And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose." (NIV)
OK so we know that a healthy goal is a good one and therefore I am going to step forward in faith tomorrow knowing that God will be by my side in this adventure...So if Kevin can endure some hardship and have some new lofty goals than so can I his mother.  Begining 2moro and until I reach my goal (maybe longer we shall just have to see) my alarm clock will awake me at the ungodly hour of O'dark thirty other wise known as 6 AM (UGH!) and I will do wall push ups, leg raises and a 20 minute mile, I have also recently  moved into the one and only bedroom within my tiny little abode and Alex is gone to camp so I will have no excuses this week not to get motivated and eat, exercise and arise and lie down at regular times.  This is the first day of many to come which shall represent my own dedication to a healthy lifestyle.  I have also pulled out my Boundaries book and Women, Food and God and plan on reading and taking notes and trying to apply some of the good principles from those hallowed pages as well as time in the Word.  Please feel free to join me, pray for me or just offer encouragement either online or in person.  If you would like to go for a walk, I would love to do that with you. let's set some time aside. I'm not exactly sure how this is going to go but it has been brought to my attention that I don't focus on myself enough so here goes my attempt to do so iin a healthy way. Because if I don't than I will never make it onto that transplant list and that just is not an option I am willing to give up. I heard it said somewhere that we can never know what heights we could soar to until we spread our wings, so here's to soaring with the eagles! 

No comments:

Post a Comment